Friday, December 14, 2007

Anybody want a combo?

I have both a finished object and a new WIP! I just don't have pictures of them... actually I do have a picture of the new FO, it's just that my camera is holding it hostage... and the picture of the new WIP that I didn't post about on Wednesday! (and the birthday yarn.... and the package I got from Gilneas over at Ravelry for the scarf exchange... boo).

The FO is the Airy Scarf from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts", I used the Rowan Kidsilk Haze in a beautiful green colorway called "Fern" and I ended up using the whole skein rather than splitting up the skein as called for in the pattern. I also apparently can't read directions correctly, so instead of a 5-lace-10-lace repeat, it was 5-lace all the way. Yep, I can't read.

However, I have been CAREFULLY reading the directions on the Felted Bucket Hat by Bonnie Marie Burns (over at http://www.chicknits.com). I started it on Wednesday and I think I'm 2-3 rows away from starting the top of the hat shaping/decreasing! I'm doing it in Noro Kureyon #40 which is bright blue/green/purple. It should be finished this weekend. Of course I found out that the person this is being made for won't be back in the city until January 2nd, but that gives me plenty of time to work up a pair of fuzzy feet and felt them all at the same time. And then I only have to finishing knitting the Hedera's for Leslye and figure out what kind of socks I'm going to knit for E... I've already got the yarn, but I've GOT to figure out the pattern! GAH! Hopefully my head won't explode in the next 10 days!

No comments: