Wednesday, February 6, 2008

WIP Wednesday

OK - I do have a few things on the needles this week.

coin purse (2)

I did this on Sunday/Monday - all I need to do is sew the two sides together and felt it (and then put in the zipper) and I'll be done with it! A cute and very quick project! Also - it's my very first fair isle! I highly recommend something feltable as your first, so you can felt out any mistakes - but here's a shot of the back side. Not too bad if I do say so myself!

coin purse (1)

I am also working on a pair of socks (OK - just the first one currently!) out of Cat Bordhi's new sock book - "New Pathways for Sock Knitters". It's the Bartholomew's Tantalizing Sock pattern and it's going along pretty well. I don't have a progress shot, but I do have a shot of the yarn I'm using.... It's 'Fairgrounds' by Blue Moon Fiber Arts. I got it in the sock club from 2006 - and I didn't really like the pattern that came with it - it was basically an ankle sock, and I'm just not a big fan - but the funny thing is that the original pattern uses the linen stitch and so does the pattern from Cat Bordhi!

str peaseblossom

No comments: