Wednesday, May 21, 2008

WIP Wednesday

Hey there,
I thought I would try and keep up with the WIP... and maybe by Friday I'll have something that's finished to show you, but I make no promises at all.

Everlasting Bagstopper

This is the Everlasting Bagstopper - pattern off of Knitty.com.... No progress since this photo, but it's coming along very nicely. I'm knitting it using Peaches & Creme instead of the hemp yarn called for, but as this project for me is a stashbuster, that's what I had. The yarn is white, but I couldn't get a decent picture with a flash, so I had to leave the flash off.

April Sweater

This is the April sweater of the month from Knitch, my LYS... I bought the yarn, Manos silk, and the pattern came free. It's a top down raglan, with the top part of the bodice being a lacy stitch. The jury is still out on this one, I'm finally getting a hang of the pattern, but we'll see... I have made a couple of small mistakes, that I might have to start over, but I've got to think about it a bit more.

Mainly what I've been working on is my Elfine socks. I picked them back up again this past week and have been making quite a bit of (photoless) progress on the first sock. I am thinking I may do ONE more pattern repeat and then do an inch of 1x1 ribbing and be done. The original pattern has 2-3 rows of garter stitch as the bind off, but I think I do like the ribbing on the top of socks much better. I do promise if I finish up the first sock to make sure I get a picture of it for you.

Until next time!

No comments: