Wednesday, March 12, 2008

FO Wednesday??

OK - I'm going to go ahead and post my FO today instead of waiting until Friday! Mainly because I'll be travelling up to Pittsburgh for the weekend - it's my great-aunt Irene's 90th birthday on Saturday and we gotta have a party!! And on with the knitting!

New Socks!

southwestern socks (1)

Pattern: Southwest Socks by Wendy Johnson (free pattern on the Loopy Ewe website!)
Yarn: Fiesta Boomerang in Plum Pudding
Needles: Addi 2 (40inch)
Mods: Magic loop instead of DPN's - but otherwise no mods.
Notes: Great pattern - well written.... and a SUPER fast knit. I cast these on last week Monday and finished both socks by very late this Monday! I'm going to take them with me up to PGH - as it's supposed to be quite cold up there this weekend...

Also - new YARN!

nummanumma toasty

Yarn: Toasty by Numma Numma
Color: Brunch for Beth
Bought at LYS - Needle Nook in Atlanta.
Notes: Needle Nook is sponsoring a joint sock contest with Numma Numma. Buy a skein of sock yarn AT Needle Nook and design a sock before 7/4/08 - all contestants will win copies of all entered patterns and the grand prize winner also receives 4 skeins of sock yarn! (that's the overview of the contest - I can get you more info if you all are interested!) This means I'm actually diving off the deep end and going to try and design my very first sock! YAY (I'm terrified!) Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have a great weekend! I hope to post next week and give you all an update on the family - as well as the traveling knitting!

No comments: