Thursday, May 14, 2009

Not Knitting

I know I just blogged the other day, but I wanted to tell you about my "other" crafting! In fact, this was my first craft experience, not the knitting.... Please to be not freaking out!

P1010001
Here I am - all set up on the dining room table - plenty of light, room enough for everything and a partial view of the TV...

And the backstory.... A month or six weeks ago, I saw a cute Amy Butler (tm) pattern at Knitch for the "Domestic Goddess" Apron pattern. My mom cooks quite a bit and in the past has sent me an apron (or two)... and I thought I'd return the favor! While she was here for Stitches South we went into Knitch and I had her pick out the fabric for her apron. Now, if I had any less procrastination flowing through my body I would have sewn the apron up sometime between Saturday night and today.... Why? Because I had to search for a particular purse/tote for mom and finally found it on eBay. Today it arrived at the house and I took it off to the post office and when I got home I started and finished her apron.... so I'll have to send it off seperately. Oh well... she'll still love it! Also, the piano man's mother, who has us over quite often for dinner *always* wears an apron while getting together the dinner stuffs - so she's getting one too. We'll see her in a week, but hopefully her apron will be finished tomorrow!

P1010003
Here's the finished apron for Mom! I'll show you the one for PM's mom when it's finished!

The pattern is very well written and only took me a couple hours to finish - I followed the directions and top-sewed and interfaced and didn't take any short-cuts on it... I hope the mom's love their aprons!

Getting out the machine and all has really gotten me thinking about sewing up some cute knitting project bags... and, well, while not quite as voluminous as my yarn stash - this one's older!

P1010002

It's almost *all* fat quarters too - I do still have a mind to sew myself a red/white log cabin quilt and you can't see any of that fabric at all :)

No comments: